Uploading your photo is now required for your new ID or a replacement card, as the ID Card Office has suspended taking in-office photos.
Please allow us 24 hours for processing during IntroDUCKtion and fall sessions. Photos submitted over the weekend during all times of the year will be ready by Tuesday morning.
The photo submission form requires logging in with your Duck ID and password (what comes before "@uoregon.edu" in your email address). All incoming or current students, faculty, and staff members should use the form to send us your photo.
Attention Portland faculty, staff, and students: Once you have uploaded your photo submission and supporting government issued ID, please email ID Card Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are located at the Portland campus. This will help ensure your card is sent to the Portland campus facilities manager for your pick-up.
Note for non-UO community members: If you are a community member wishing to submit a photo for the community card, or a contractor submitting a photo for a contractor badge, please email your photo to email@example.com.
Verification of Identity Required
When you submit your new photo, you will also be asked to submit verification of identity. Please upload a photo of your government-issued photo ID (e.g. state ID, military ID, driver license, or passport. DO NOT upload a copy of your social security card).
If you have never received a government-issued ID, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternate arrangements.
Please thoroughly review these requirements before submitting your photo. Failure to meet the requirements will result in a denied submission.
- The photo MUST be an accurate representation of what you look like. Therefore, you CANNOT use filters of ANY kind nor can you edit your facial features (for example, adjust jawline or eye shape/size).
- Please upload the photo in JPG format.
- The photo must be a recent photo of you, taken no longer than three months ago. This means no high school photos.
- The photo must be free of distraction, so take it in front of a solid or consistent light color background. A solid color wall works great!
- The photo must be in full color, in focus, with sufficient lighting. No filters.
- The photos must be a frontal facing photo, centered horizontally and vertically within the image area, so your WHOLE face is in view.
- Ears and shoulders should all be visible.
- Do not crop the photo close to your head or crop part of your head out of the frame.
- Do not submit a photo with your head tilted to the side, downward, or upward. Your eyes need to be open and looking directly at the camera.
- You should be in normal, street attire, without a hat, other headgear, or dark glasses (unless required for religious or medical reasons).
- You must be alone in the photo. No people partially cropped out of the photo or in the background.
- Do not submit a photo with your hands near your face or with your feet visible near your head/face.
- Do not submit a photo with funny faces (duck lips) or comical gestures.
Final thoughts: The image on your UO ID will be cropped at your shoulders (similar to state ID or passport photos), so photos where you are leaning forward or slightly turned will look odd when cropped. Please make sure you have followed all requirements to ensure that your photo is approved the first time, and that you are happy with the end result when you see it on your new ID card.