Key Orders and Issuances for Academic Buildings
- For Housing (residence hall) building keys and prox card access, please contact University Housing at 541-346-4277 or email@example.com. They are located in Bean Hall, at 1416 Columbia Street, Eugene, OR 97403.
- Key Office hours are Monday–Friday, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- The Key Office is located in the EMU ID Card Services Office.
- Please allow 48 hours between the time of the initial order and pick-up.
- There is no fee for the first initial key(s) to a key holder.
- All replacement keys require a payment from the key holder’s department, paid by index.
- Department consignment keys are designated as those not assigned to a specific person; they are maintained by the department, such as spare keys, keys in key boxes, or a researcher who has frequent turnovers of student assistants.
- Both replacement and department consignment keys require a non-refundable fee to be paid by department index.
- The amount varies depending upon the type of key issued:
|TYPE OF KEY||COST|
|Replacement Building Exterior/Interior Room Door Key||$10 per key|
|Department Consignment Keys||$10 per key|
|Replacement Department Master Key (building sub-master key)||$40 per key|
|Replacement Building Master Keys (requires CPFM Facilities approval)||$80 per key|
- All keys (first-time and replacements) are issued only with a hard copy key issuance request form bearing an authorized signature.
- Every department needs to submit the authorized key requestors form before submitting key requests.
- This form designates who in a department is authorized to request access for students, faculty, staff, and other affiliates of the UO.
- Request this form by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, fill it out completely, and send it through campus mail to Vanessa Abbott, ID Services Office, Ground Floor, EMU, or scan and email back to email@example.com.
- Keys to academic university facilities may be issued to departments, faculty, staff, graduate assistants, students, and non-university persons authorized by the department's key authorized requester.
- Grand master and master keys shall be issued only upon the written authorization of the associate vice president for Campus Planning and Facilities Management or designee.
- Any person or department to whom university keys are issued accepts the responsibility for promptly notifying the Key and Access Office and his or her immediate supervisor in the event that the key(s) are lost or stolen.