Card Access Requests

  • Card access requests are processed daily.
  • If this is an emergency request, please contact the Access Control Program Specialist at
    • Emergencies include: terminated employees who leave on hostile terms and access to labs which house animals or time-sensitive experiments.
  • Cards that haven't been used in the last 365 days will automatically expire.
  • UO ID cards can be purchased at the ID Card Services Office on the ground floor of the EMU.
  • There is no deposit for prox access.
  • If the card does not have a number on the back of it, it is not a prox card. The user will have to go to the ID Card Service Office and request a prox card.
  • For every change to a user’s prox numbers or access, the online form must be submitted.
  • Every department needs to submit the Card Access Authorized Requestor form before submitting card access requests:
    • This form designates who in a department is authorized to request access for students, faculty, staff, and other affiliates of the UO.
    • Request this form by emailing, fill it out completely, and send it through campus mail to Vanessa Abbott, ID Card Services, Ground Floor, EMU or scan and email back to

Diagram of card and location of particular numbers:

Request Card Access