To receive a refund of the deposit for returned keys, the key holder must have:
- University of Oregon Identification Card (UO ID).
- If returning in person
- The key(s) to return.
- The refund issued will be the same amount as the deposit initially paid.
- If the key(s) were paid by the key holder's department, then the department will be refunded, not the key holder.
- Refunds will be forfeited if keys are not returned before one year (365 days) of separation from the University of Oregon.
- If keys are returned by mail or by someone other than the key holder, then the deposit will be refunded by either direct deposit, check, or student account.
Update as of May 21, 2020
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, Facilities Services Access Office will be implementing a cashless refund system to better accommodate the safety and needs of our clients.
Starting on June 1, 2020, all refunds will be returned by either direct deposit or check (faculty, staff, vendor) or billing account (student). Please allow up to six weeks to process the refund.
- Keys can be returned either in person or by mail.
- Faculty, staff, and vendors will need to provide a current mailing address to guarantee the check is sent to the correct location.
- Refunds will only be given to the person who initially gave the deposit.
- Department-paid keys will only be refunded to the department.
- Refunds will only be given for the keys returned.
- Keys can be returned on behalf of the key holder without alerting the Access Program Specialist.
Particulars about student billing:
- If the student has a negative balance on their account, the refund will be applied toward paying off that balance.
- If the student account is paid-in-full, their account will have a credit balance.
- The student can request that the funds be sent to them; OR
- The Accounts Receivable office will submit the credit balances when they process their end-of-term procedures.
To return keys by mail, please send to one of the following:
Off campus? Mail key(s) to:
ID Services Office
Erb Memorial Union
1395 University St.
Eugene OR 97403
On campus? Send key(s) via campus mail to:
ID Services Office
Questions can be sent to email@example.com.